The hat I have always wanted, finally realized. A foldable, packable, washable canvas bucket hat with an internal (adjustable and removable) elastic band at the back to keep it softly and securely ON YOUR HEAD! You can also use the buttons that hold the elastic in place to tie on some beautiful, floaty silk ribbons for the perfect puttering-around-the-garden or strolling-through-the-windy-farmers-market look.
This hat can do it all, and it has *options*. Want something dead simple? Remove the elastic and ribbons, don't turn up the brim, and you're sleek as can be. If you want a little more security, just button on the interior elastic. Feeling jaunty? Turn up that brim and lean into the rumpled Paddington Bear vibes. Want a little bit more romance (and added wind-proofing)? Add the silk ribbon ties in a matching color. Ready to take the whimsy to the next level? Go for contrasting silk ties, and you're there.
- Size S/M fits most heads (22-24" in diameter), and the adjustable elastic makes getting the perfect fit even easier.
- Simply tighten or loosen the elastic by adjusting its placement on the buttons.
- Every hat comes with color-coordinating interior elastic included (you may want to tighten this upon receiving, it likely won't be snug on the loosest setting!)
- Each hat comes with one set of silk ribbons, but make sure to select your color and add the ribbons to your cart! Discount will be automatically applied.
- You can purchase additional silk ribbon sets here–ribbons have raw edges and are not finished
80% Upcycled Cotton, 20% LEED Certified Cotton
This mid-to-heavy weight canvas is sturdy and hardworking. Created in partnership with The New Denim Project, a third-generation mill in Guatemala that focuses on circular manufacturing. This material is created from cotton waste from regional factories and spinning mills. This discarded fiber would otherwise be considered waste, but in combination with a small amount of LEED certified virgin cotton, it can be successfully spun and woven into new fabric. 9,000 liters of water are saved per pound of upcycled material produced in comparison to using virgin cotton. Dyed with low-impact dyes and minimal water usage.
The canvas weave is one of the most durable, resisting pilling, thinning and tearing by nature. A sturdy body but soft hand and medium weight make this material perfect for year-round wear.
In comparison to our earlier cotton canvas, this is a bit lighter and much softer. Due to the fact that this material is made with upcycled yarn, there are more imperfections in the weave. These are not defects—they are a natural result of using shorter staple fibers, and a necessary result of the important waste-reducing properties of this fabrics. Small slubs, nubs, and misweaves do not impact the integrity of the garment, they just give it a bit of character and serve as a reminder of what this material stands for.
Machine washable. Wash on cold and tumble dry warm to preserve color. Press on low with steam to remove wrinkles or leave unpressed for a perfectly unfussy look. Will break in and soften significantly with wear.
Cotton is a natural fiber and is expected to wear and fade over time, which we love.
- Greta E.Verified Buyer11 seconds agoRated 5 out of 5 starsBucket hat
Love it. I have a small head and it’s hard to find a hat that fits. Being able to adjust the size was a miracle. Love the color too.
- Susan O.Verified BuyerYesterdayRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfect Bucket hat
Such a great hat! ES has designed the perfect bucket hat.
- Nancy S.Verified Buyer2 days agoRated 5 out of 5 starsWonderful hat with clever inner elastic
This hat is so cute, practical, and functional. The inside adjustable elastic is genius!
- Miss Hilary D.Verified Buyer2 days agoRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat Hat!
This is a great hat for gardening or the beach. The brim provides good shade for your face and neck while the elastic strap keeps it securely in place on breezy days.
- Andrea G.Verified Buyer6 days agoRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat purchase!
I have been looking for a packable hat that actually fits my slightly smaller than average head. This is it. Great fabric, adjustable and the clay color goes with all my summer gear.