Customer Relations Team Member
The Customer Relations Team Member is responsible for communicating with our customers via email. We strive to give every customer an excellent experience through thorough and thoughtful email communication. We focus on building relationships with our customers and educating them on our company, process, and product.
Report to: Customer Relations Team Leader
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt. Starting wage for this position is $14.00 an hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to emails from customers in a timely manner.
- Provide clear information to our customer in a friendly way.
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent customer experience through email communication.
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings, monthly company meetings, and product knowledge days.
- Assist Customer Relations Team Leader with communicating customer feedback to other departments.
- Assist in planning and executing ES Markets.
- Research and problem solve product issues that are brought to us by customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with our customers.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require any supervision of a team.
Education & Experience Requirements: Must have at least one year of customer service experience (2+ preferred).
Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable and confident speaking and engaging both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Must be able to work calmly under pressure.
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage time effectively; you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to work with a team.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to focus on work for extended periods of time with minimal to no distractions.
- Ability to work in a team environment while also working as an individual contributor.
- Strong work ethic, derives satisfaction from getting the job done, maintains high performance and positive attitude even when under stress.
- Strong relationship with our product and mission, and an authentic desire to create a positive experience for our company and customers.
Knowledge and Demonstrated Experience
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Experience typing long-form emails.
- This is a position at a small but rapidly growing clothing design and manufacturing company. We operate under one roof, with production in the same building as all of our administrative, office, and support work.
- The environment is buzzing, at times noisy, full of energy, and open. Our culture is humorous, optimistic, and hard working.
- We engage in transparent leadership and are a mission-based company. Creating an excellent environment for our team along with an impeccable product for our customer is at the core of what we do, and everyone on our team must be committed to our impact.
- 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday between 8 am - 5 pm with an option for flexible scheduling contingent on supervisor approval and based on the needs of the department.
- Remote work is not available.
- Travel by car or plane may be required for attending workshops, events, seminars, etc.
* * *
To apply, please fill out our online application here and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We receive a large volume of applications on a regular basis and unfortunately can’t respond to each inquiry. If we would like to extend an interview, we’ll reach out via e-mail. We can't wait to hear from you! In the meantime, head over to our team page to meet the current ES crew!
At Elizabeth Suzann, we celebrate, support, and thrive on everyone’s differences for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.