Cutting Team Leader
The Cutting Team Leader at Elizabeth Suzann is an exciting leadership position at a young, growing company seeking to change the way we experience getting dressed and interacting with our clothing. Our products are cut, sewn, and fulfilled in house, and our company takes pride in our lean, made-to-order production model. The Cutting Team plays a crucial part in our production process by cutting and preparing our garments to be sewn by the Sewing Team. The role of the Cutting Team Leader is to ensure the success of the Cutting Team and Department through excellent leadership, management, planning, and organization.
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Starting pay range: $51k-59k
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Cutting Team; develop strategies, communicate clearly, and rally the team to meet company goals.
- Provide on-the-ground support for the team and may assist in day-to-day tasks if needed.
- Track and analyze all data related to the Cutting Team’s output, productivity, and efficiency.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase the efficiency and productivity of the Cutting Team.
- Establish workflow procedures that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity.
- Organize the weekly workflow plan to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with other departments in order to meet company deadlines.
- Coach and train new Cutting Team Members and provide continuing education opportunities for the current team.
- Order and maintain inventory for all supplies and equipment necessary for the department.
- Manage fabric inventory.
- Investigate and recommend improvements related to the production of garments as it relates to the Cutting Team.
- Estimate costs and manage a budget for the department. Enforce health and safety precautions.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is directly responsible for the supervision of the Cutting Team. Management of the Cutting Team includes interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; effectively communicating messages from the top down; appraising performance; coaching and developing individuals; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years experience in a related role required; 1-year experience in a supervisory capacity required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively to get the right things done.
- Structures and processes qualitative or quantitative data skillfully and draws insightful conclusions from it.
- Exhibits a curious, analytical mind and achieves penetrating insights. Excellent math skills and experienced at compiling data and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to lead with compassion and confidence.
- Comfortable and confident speaking and engaging both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Loves problem solving, has strong presentation skills, and does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Strong work ethic, derives satisfaction from getting the job done, maintains high performance and positive attitude even when under stress.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship with our product and mission, and an authentic desire to create a positive experience for our company and customers.
Knowledge and Demonstrated Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience utilizing industrial cutting equipment and techniques.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations.
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as in a group.
- This is a position at a small but rapidly growing clothing design and manufacturing company. We operate under one roof, with production in the same building as all of our administrative, office, and support work.
- The environment is buzzing, at times noisy, full of energy, and open. Our culture is humorous, optimistic, and hard working.
- We engage in transparent leadership and are a mission-based company. Creating an excellent environment for our team along with an impeccable product for our customer is at the core of what we do, and everyone on our team must be committed to our impact.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are primarily Monday through Friday with flexible scheduling options assuming a minimum of 40 hours is worked.
- Travel by car or plane may be required for attending workshops, events, seminars, etc.
- Remote work is not available.
* * *
To apply, please fill out our online application here and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We receive a large volume of applications on a regular basis and unfortunately can’t respond to each inquiry. If we would like to extend an interview, we’ll reach out via e-mail. We can't wait to hear from you! In the meantime, head over to our team page to meet the current ES crew!
At Elizabeth Suzann, we celebrate, support, and thrive on everyone’s differences for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.