The Digital Manager is a role that coordinates our visual content with our marketing strategy, in accordance with the Content Calendar. They assist with cultivating our customer’s experience with the brand from end to end, along with the look, feel, and functionality of our website.
The Digital Manager position at Elizabeth Suzann is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to join the E-Commerce Team at a young, growing company seeking to change the way women experience getting dressed and how they interact with their clothing. Marketing and selling at Elizabeth Suzann are not traditional - our growth has been organic since the beginning, and we don’t seek to sell our clothing to anyone whose life won’t be positively impacted by their purchase. We aim for our messaging and shopping experience to feel friendly, low pressure, respectful, and like an invitation to join a conversation - not a push to buy.
Reports to: E-Commerce Director
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing all product launch duties including uploading all photos to the website, adding the correct alt text, adding products to relevant collections, creating new SKUs, creating the CSV, creating measurement tables, and management of our catalog availability.
- Work with Content Assistant as a liaison between E-Commerce and Art/Design Departments to help generate content for Instagram by providing marketing/sales perspective, including but not limited to Team Style Tuesday, Instagram Stories and post content, editorial and blog content, newsletters content, etc.
- Communicate with collaborators and implement collaborators content calendar.
- Manage changes needed to the website, including manually capping and uncapping the website; and assist with projects related to website design, making suggestions for improvements to site functionality and experience.
- Manage blog post production utilizing content provided by the CEO but also in collaboration with the E-Commerce department to develop the editorial calendar.
- Answer all emails in the Press and Community inbox.
- Take team member photos, write new bios, and upload new team page photos to the website. Additionally, plan and coordinate the annual company photo.
- Upload marketing content to Facebook and Pinterest.
- Participate in weekly Product Launch Huddles and in weekly E-Commerce staff meetings by representing their area with full knowledge of all projects and operations. This may include contributing creatively and strategically to the development of Product Launch Calendars, Marketing Content Calendars, editorial, and blog content, model selection, collaborators selection, and other marketing projects within the E-Commerce department.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not currently require any supervision of a team.
Education and Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role (5+ preferred) or Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Graphic Design, or a related field preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Understanding of and familiarity with graphic design and photography.
- Familiar with structuring and processing qualitative or quantitative data skillfully and draws insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a curious, analytical mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively to get the right things done.
- Loves problem solving, has strong presentation skills, and does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Strong work ethic, derives satisfaction from getting the job done, maintains high performance and positive attitude even when under stress.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship with our product and customer and an authentic desire to create a positive experience for our community.
- Strong understanding of and alignment with our brand’s visual aesthetic and voice.
Knowledge and Demonstrated Experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing techniques that increase revenue and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to completion. Proficient knowledge of Google Sheets, Excel, Google Slides, and Google Docs.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other analytics platforms.
- Familiarity with and ability to discuss/troubleshoot Adobe Suite software.
- Demonstrated understanding of the digital direct-to-consumer business model with a mix of media, creative, technical, and sales knowledge. Detailed understanding of end-to-end e-commerce processes including website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality.
- This is a position at a small but rapidly growing clothing design and manufacturing company. We operate under one roof, with production in the same building as all of our administrative, office, and support work.
- The environment is buzzing, at times noisy, full of energy, and open. Our culture is humorous, optimistic, and hard working.
- We engage in transparent leadership and are a mission-based company. Creating an excellent environment for our team along with an impeccable product for our customer is at the core of what we do, and everyone on our team must be committed to our impact.
- Regularly required to speak and hear. As an office position, this job is primarily seated but also requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and using hands to reach and lift.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with flexible scheduling options assuming a minimum of 40 hours is worked.
- Long hours and weekend work are to be expected.
- Travel by car or plane may be required for attending workshops, events, seminars, etc.
Deadline to apply is Friday, April 19th.
* * *
To apply, please fill out our online application here and submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We receive a large volume of applications on a regular basis and unfortunately can’t respond to each inquiry. If we would like to extend an interview, we’ll reach out via e-mail. We can't wait to hear from you! In the meantime, head over to our team page to meet the current ES crew!
At Elizabeth Suzann, we celebrate, support, and thrive on everyone’s differences for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.