The Operations Director position at Elizabeth Suzann is an exciting, multifaceted role that provides an opportunity to join the Leadership Team at a young, growing company seeking to change the way women experience getting dressed and interacting with their clothing. Our products are cut, sewn, and fulfilled in house, and our company takes pride in our lean, made-to-order production model. The role of the Operations Director is to ensure our products are produced on time, profitably, and up to our exacting quality standards, all while fostering an environment where employees feel energized, motivated, and are always learning. The Operations Director is a senior-level position and is expected to bring keen strategy, insight, analysis, and passion to the company’s Leadership Team and to bring out the very best in the people who make up the Operations departments.
Reports to: COO
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Team to recommend realistic and healthy operations targets and strategies that are informed by data, industry knowledge, and in line with the company’s long-term vision, sales plan, and financial goals.
- Ultimately responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time fulfillment.
- Develop strategies, systems, and processes to increase operational output, productivity, and efficiency while minimizing unnecessary costs, maintaining high quality standards, and creating a positive employee experience.
- Maintain and make improvements to a unique, lean manufacturing model that values taking pride in our product, teamwork, collaboration, and positive energy.
- Plan and execute production goals on an annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly basis, taking into consideration the logistics of cutting, sewing, and fulfillment. Ensure smooth operational flow, from the purchasing and receiving of raw materials to on-time fulfillment.
- Develop, coach, and mentor operations team leaders.
- Monitor and control inventory assets to reduce waste, maximize cost efficiency, and ensure continuous availability of raw materials. Purchase raw materials, manage vendor relationships, and develop and execute asset liquidation strategies.
- Track, report, and analyze operations data, and make recommendations to proactively identify and address areas of opportunity. Provide actionable and data-driven feedback to all teams. Utilize analytics to understand overall health of the operations teams, and lead changes as appropriate to meet KPIs.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with OSHA and safety and environmental rules.
- Implement and utilize technology solutions to improve systems and workflows.
The duties listed above are not all inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is directly responsible for the supervision of the Operations Team, which is comprised of our Cutting Team Leader, Sewing Team Leader, and Fulfillment Team Leader. Management of the Operations Team includes interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching and developing individuals; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role (5+ preferred); Bachelor’s degree required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exercises judgment and makes decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize effectively to get the right things done.
- Structures and processes qualitative or quantitative data skillfully and draws insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a curious, analytical mind and achieves penetrating insights. Excellent math skills and experienced at compiling data and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and ability to lead with compassion and confidence.
- Comfortable and confident speaking and engaging with large audiences.
- Loves problem solving, has strong presentation skills, and does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Strong work ethic, derives satisfaction from getting the job done, maintains high performance and positive attitude even when under stress.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship with our product and mission, and an authentic desire to create a positive experience for our company and customers.
- This is a position at a small but rapidly growing clothing design and manufacturing company. We operate under one roof, with production in the same building as all of our administrative, office, and support work.
- The environment is buzzing, at times noisy, full of energy, and open. Our culture is humorous, optimistic, and hard working.
- We engage in transparent leadership and are a mission-based company. Creating an excellent environment for our team along with an impeccable product for our customer is at the core of what we do, and everyone on our team must be committed to our impact.
- Regularly required to speak and hear.
- As an office and warehouse position, this job is primarily seated but also requires standing, walking, climbing stairs, and using hands to reach and lift.
- This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with flexible scheduling options assuming a minimum of 40 hours is worked. Long hours and weekend work are to be expected.
- Travel by car or plane may be required for attending workshops, events, seminars, etc.
* * *
To apply, please fill out our online application here and submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We receive a large volume of applications on a regular basis and unfortunately can’t respond to each inquiry. If we would like to extend an interview, we’ll reach out via e-mail. We can't wait to hear from you! In the meantime, head over to our team page to meet the current ES crew!
At Elizabeth Suzann, we celebrate, support, and thrive on everyone’s differences for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.